Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School Days!

The boys started their second week of school today.  About a month ago feelings of anxiety kept overwhelming me every time I drove by the school (which of course is everyday-or looked out my back kitchen window).  The funny thing is I was at the same time excited for school to start.  I finally came to the realization that the anxiety was coming from the realization that Connor was going to 4th grade, which in my opinion, is a big deal-soon he will be going to Junior High.  Not to mention that Jake was going to 1st grade (I think that is where the excitement came in).  The night before school started I was outside talking to a neighbor when Connor and Jake came running out calling each other 'poop head' and 'fart' something or other.  I sent them in to brush their teeth.  I followed about 2 minutes later to find Jake on the kitchen floor covering his face and crying.  Connor had dragged him across the floor for some reason.  Monday morning (the 1st day of school) Jake came out and after something I said he lost it and pitched one of his famous fits.  We headed off to school and as I was walking home after dropping off the kids at their classrooms  I could not shed a tear.  Not even a droplet!  I was soo happy that my kids were now the teacher's problem!  It has been a week of school and I am still happy they are in school even when it is too quiet and way too clean in the house.  Maybe things will change in a week or two-who's to say.

No comments: